Review : The Summer Trilogy by Jenny Han



The Summer Trilogy  
Click Title For Full Review

 


___________________________________


A Short Segment of Gush: 

I love this fucking series. I must say, Jenny Han has outdone herself. Everything was just pure perfection, I loved the summer theme and how she portrayed the whole summer house thing, it made me long so much for summer, and it made me want my own Conrad and Jeremiah, it made me miss my childhood and all the little things I never paid any attention to. I loved all the characters so much, Belly-was a great heroin, Laurel and Susannah were such beautiful characters, and I cant forget Conrad and Jeremiah, of course. They all had flaw, which just made me love them more. I loved everything about these books, everything! 
    
___________________________________________________________


The Summer I Turned Pretty 
by Jenny Han

Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along. (Goodreads)    

                  Review

Wow. Just, wow. I don't know another way to start really. Just, wow. I found this book via my favorite FanFic writer-she was raving about it being her new favorite summer novel and I just had check it out. I didn't even read the synopsis(Which I don't really do anyways). I stared it, didn't stop until I was halfway through the last book-I did so to take a breather. I devoured the whole trilogy in like a day! I read these books like my life depended on it!  they were that amazing.  I'm still extremely and totally and utterly flabbergasted by this beautifully written portrayal. A portrayal of a young girl's summer. A summer every girl wishes to have.

         FULL REVIEW       

Over all, this book was just plain entertainment and pure lovein. I loved when it was going back and forth between Belly's memories(So much cuteness) and the present. I love that it wasn't completely based a girl and her love triangle. It was more characters based than couple based(If that makes any sense what so ever.) I loved this book, I fangirled it to death with my sister, and I died a figuratively agonizing death when it ended.

  ___________________________________________________________


It's Not Summer Without You
by Jenny Han

Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come. 

But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.


Review

I'm just gonna start off by saying, thanks to my gut for getting the whole trilogy all in one batch. You will never imagine the kind of excitement I was in staring at this book. I was like "I'm gonna eat you up like you're the best type of honey(bad dirty joke time!). Reading It’s Not Summer Without You drew me back into the world Jenny Han created with the tears of its fandom. I went back into Belly's life, dominated by her summers at Cousins Beach and her relationship with her mother-Laurel(Yay!), Steven (Dude, be nice), Susannah*crying tears of fucking sorrow*, Jeremiah(there there) and Conrad(Come here to me). It was, as always, impeccably and perfectly done, and I couldn't put the book down until I was done eating. Devouring! 


Jenny Han’s writing is so good and soothing, she has many beautifully written moments in the book, that I find it very hard to describe. I love how she was able to capture the essence of what a first love is really like–the strong infatuation, the unwillingness to let go or believe that it isn't meant to be. I love that she didn't make Belly sound like a wimp who gave into love, but choose it on her own and fought for it. It’s Not Summer Without You was another cluster fuck of a book detailing Belly’s experience with the two boys she’s known forever. The story took me in and I refused to let go until I was done with it all. I was completely absorbed in its pages once I’d started. Pages I refuse to touch again.
                                                   ___________________________________________________________


We'll Always Have Summer
 by Jenny Han

It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.

 Review 

So, When I first saw the title, I freaked! I went crazy. I was like "Oh my god. This is going to be one of these endings where they think they're so cool and make all the characters have miserable endings. Fuck open endings!" Yeah.. I wasn't doing so well when I finished the second book. You'd think I'd take a goddamn breather before selling my soul to Jenny Han, but no, I had to continue eating. I was starving, I felt like a twelve year old kid that wasn't allowed play Call of Duty. I was never sure how this series would end, which scared me. I had all these theories but I wasn't sure if she would go with one of them but I’m very happy to report that I did like the way things were brought to a close. End 


"Jenny Han masterfully crafted her Summer series in a way that stole my heart, and the hearts of many other readers. The books are carried on the shoulders of real characters that you wish you could know in real life, a beach house that marks the summers (and that you wish you could visit) and a story that threatens to have you smiling like crazy and crying like a baby. Jenny Han’s Summer series is one of my favorite contemporary YA series, and I’m so glad that I was finally able to read We’ll Always Have Summer and find out what happens to Belly, Conrad and Jeremiah." - Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books

Rating 

  Plot: 10/10    ♥    Characters: 10/10    ♥     Ship: 10/10    ♥    Feels: 10/10
    
T O T A L    S C O R E    :     100%


end of first reviews
                                                    ___________________________________________________________

And of course I have to feature the adorable UK cover
                    
                          
          Azza

0 comments:

Post a Comment